Tuesday, December 30, 2014

How to eat Healthy and Safe this New Years without sacrificing the Yum factor

So in my frantic prep for the last push of the holidays, I was trying to find ways to still eat healthy while not missing out in the Yum Department. So here are a few receipts that are great, easy (if I can do it so can you!!!) and not hard on your budget. *Remember I'm a struggling musician/ artist here the budget is not huge.

Note: 
There are a few things I keep on hand when able, in my house. 

1) Namaste Perfect Flour Blend and/or their Biscuit Flour - I have tried a lot of Gluten free flours in my time and I have to say hands down. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST! This flour blend is ready to go binding agents (those vile but necessary creatures of all gluten free baking) included. I also find when backing for non Gluten free people the response tends to be 
"There is NO WAY this is gluten free. This is so good."
This year thanks to these Guys, my mother and I perfected our Vegan/ Gluten Free Perogies. Take that you doubters!

2)Veggie Broth
I do a lot of Vegan style cooking and Vegetable Broth is a staple for me.

3)Tomato paste/ tomato sauce 
Because Spaghetti is one of the most flexible poor persons food and is so much better for you than Ramen. 

If I can I try to use coconut spread but for baking this stuff is some of the best I can find. Plus it is Casein and Soy free. I try to keep down my soy in take as much as is possible. 


Okay so lets get to it!
Here are a few of my favorite treats from some of my favorite Bloggers out there. Enjoy!!

Meals:
By the Diva Dish 
*note as I can't eat Nan I make the Biscuits listed here to go with it. YUM

~~~~

Great for the Cold Season is the wonderful

~~~~

Vegan/(Gluten*) Free Pot Pies- by Minimalist Baker
*Note I use the Namaste flour (biscuit style) as well as the Californian Style Veggie mix + frozen green peppers to avoid corn. I also cook it in a simple clear baking dish instead of ramekins


~~~~


Biscuits:
The Best Vegan Biscuits - By the Minimalist Baker



Desserts:
No Bake Organic Coconut Balls- By Siri Bani Kaur 
of Kundalini Yoga Boston
*Note if you can't eat Oats like me try Quinoa Flakes you may have to add a little bit of extra liquid check as you go

~~~~

And for those of you Really craving something Chocolatey
The Yogi's Ultimate "Chocolate" Cake by By Siri Bani Kaur 
of Kundalini Yoga Boston
"Here is my most recent treat (and, it only took five minutes to make):
16 ounces firm tofu (drain it first)
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
*maple or agave to taste
*optional: cinnamon, chili powder to taste.
Makes a GREAT mousse or frosting too!
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine.
Scrape down the sides of the food processor and blend again to make sure everything is incorporated.
Serve immediately or chill for later!"
Hope this gives you all some tasty ideas for this holiday season! Hmmm you know I'm getting really hungry just typing this all up.... I think I shall go have some lentils, a biscuit and some Yogi Chocolate cake!!! To the Kitchen!!!

Bright Blessings
P.S.K



No comments:

Post a Comment