Monday, April 28, 2014

Breaking through Fear

Hey guys so this has been a very intense time for me as I work to reshape my life from a 9-5 job to a job that allows me to share my love with the arts with others. Sadly I have been learning the hard way that you can't man handle the universe to let you do what YOU want. I had clear visions of what I was going to do and no one could sway me.
I have found out many times over this doesn't work yet cause I am me I still try and then wonder why I run into walls or dissatisfaction? Sometimes your path or creative soul have a mind of their own and if you let go of your ego and fear, you will be delighted what amazing opportunities and joys you are invited to be a part of.

So as you can image this has been a stressful time and fear has been so prominent for me! I mean I'm having zombie apocalypse dreams again!!! Ugh: So I figured we would look and fear together this week.




Fear of the unknown 




It is easier to stay where you know, then where everything is new and unfamiliar. 
The unknown is scary and to stay in the unknown even though you hate it, is even worse.

As I told my family this week when asked how I was doing:

"I'm learning to have faith and it sucks".

I have always looked for some quick fix a system that would give me answers, take away my fear of the unknown of what I could be.  But I am realizing it is not the fear I have been dealing with, but all the mess and walls I have surrounded my fear with. I wasn't looking for a fix for my fear, but a way around my fear: a shot of happiness without the work of dealing with what I did not know and what I could be.  
Faith is a big leap to put yourself out to the world and pray you make it to the other side.
But this is what can ride you through the dark fog of the unknown. Just let go of your fear and walk in light forward.
I'm not saying it's an easy jump, the wind is strong, edges sharp can cut you and sometimes you can't see anyone on the other side. But I have found when I put my soul out to the universe and take the leap things do work out. Just often, not how I thought but they would.

When asked how to get rid of fear in a Q and A session, Yogi Bhajan responded with this:

A: Take that pen. Raise it. Drop it. That’s how. When you drop something, just drop it. There is no other way. Don’t listen to the lies of people. No kriya can help you drop it. Only you can. Just drop it.

*just a side note for those not familiar with what a Kriya is: 

The word kriya means action. It is an action that leads to a complete manifestation like a seed leads to a bloom, a thought into actuality, a desire to commitment.

In Kundalini Yoga a kriya is a series of postures, breath, and sound that work toward a specific outcome. Practicing a kriyainitiates a sequence of physical and mental changes that affect the body, mind, and spirit simultaneously. There are kriyas that support the liver, balance the glandular system, make you radiant, stimulate the pituitary, increase the flexibility of the spine, and many more. Each kriya has a different effect, but all work on all levels of your being. 
-Taken from the 3ho.org website

So take that leap, take a deep breath and jump! 
You'll be amazed and what you'll find on the other side.

Maybe you are called to start a book club in your neighborhood, knitting group at your church,  build homes, help people in third world countries, work with local charities, raise a family, make art. They are all wonderful journeys, so get out there! Have some faith  and you'd might be surprised where you end up! 



Add to Google
addtomyyahoo4

This week we have a meditation for courage from belief.net with music by:
 Nirinjan Kaur from her From Within Album 


The matra Adi Shakti:
Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti, Namo Namo
(I bow to the Primal Power)
Sarb Shakti, Sarb Shakti, Sarb Shakti, Namo Namo
(I bow to the all encompassing Power and Energy)
Pritham Bhagvati, Pritham Bhagvati, Pritham Bhagvati, Namo Namo
(I bow to that which God creates)
Kundalini Mata Shakti, Mata Shakti, Namo Namo
(I bow to the creative power of the Kundalini, the Divine Mother Power)
For me this is the hardest part. Letting go and giving up your will to control, but instead allow the divine around you to flow through.
I wear a bracelet I made to remind me of this:


I love my mediation jewelry ;P

Also as an added bonus, I have included 10 min Kundalini Kryia for building courage:




Love to you all this week <3 Stay tuned for more mid week yummies to nourish your belly as well as your soul!!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment